Want an accurate price?
Get 3 obligation-free quotes. Enter your postcode then tap the button below to get started.
Notes & instructions
This is the small-screen version of our bathroom construction cost calculator. It has been simplified and only gives a rough cost estimate.
The full-screen version, for which you will need to use a tablet, laptop or PC, goes into much greater detail.
Call a few bathroom installers and suppliers in your local area and ask for an approximate per square metre cost for your bathrooms.
If you do not have time for this or get unreasonable answers use the following values:
- $2000/m2 if you are building a medium to large sized bathroom with basic fittings.
- $2500/m2 if you are building a small bathroom with basic fittings or a medium to large sized bathroom with standard quality fittings.
- $3000/m2 or more if you are building a small a medium to large sized bathroom with luxury fittings.
The rules of thumb are:
- The smaller the bathroom the higher the per-square-metre cost
- The more luxurious your fittings (taps, bathtub, shower, etc.) the higher the cost. There is almost no upper limit on how crazy you can get with fittings.
The per square meter cost used in the calculator covers the cost of:
- Purchasing and installing fittings
- Plumbing & electrical - materials and labour
- Waterproofing costs
The per square meter cost does not cover the cost of:
- Removing the existing bathroom if you are renovating
- Structural adjustments (for example: creating walls or partitions)