SELECT id, scientific_name, cultivar_name, common_name, description FROM plant WHERE 1 = 1 AND frost_tolerant = 'H' ORDER BY scientific_name LIMIT 0, 20
Number of plants found: 54. Maximum shown per page: 20. Number of pages: 3.
1. Cootamundra Wattle (Acacia baileyana)
2. Cootamundra Wattle (Acacia baileyana)
3. Wattle (Acacia cognata)
4. Maple negundo, Ash maple, Elf maple, Boxelder maple (Acer negundo)
5. Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum)
The horse chestnut is a lovely deciduous specimen tree for large gardens, parks and farms. It produces a lovely display of white panicles of flowers that are attractively marked with yellow aging to pink in late spring to summer. It is a vigorous, spreading rounded...
6. Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis)
Althaea officinalis, marshmallow, is a hardy perennial ornamental and medicinal plant with cream to pale pink flowers in summer and autumn. The leaves are furry and heart shaped which are lovely and tactile. Grows best in a moist and humus rich soil. Frost hardy, and...
7. Armeria, Thrift, Sea pink (Armeria)
Armeria are herbaceous or shrubby perennials that form dense cushions of foliage, and flower through spring and summer. The flowers are good cut flowers, and can be used fresh or dried. They are tough and adaptable plants that grow on a wide range of soils,...
8. Native Rush (Baloskion pallens)
9. Kale (Brassica napus)
10. Bottlebrush (Callistemon)
11. Carob (Ceratonia siliqua)
Carob is a large, evergreen tree, cultivated for its edible pods that can be used as a chocolate substitute, ground to powder or eaten fresh or dried. It grows to around fifteen metres tall, with a lovely spreading crown, making it a good shady tree for large gardens, farms and...
12. Leyland cypress, Leylandii (Cupressocyparis leylandii)
13. Leyland cypress (Cupressocyparis leylandii)
14. Italian cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)
15. Bhutan cypress, Himalayan cypress (Cupressus torulosa)
Cupressus torulosa, the Bhutan or Himalayan cypress, is a large evergreen tree with yellow green foliage. It is a fast growing conifer, ultimately to around 30 metres tall and 10 metres wide, and is used as a privacy plant as it is dense growing. If left unpruned,...
16. Fig (Ficus Carica)
17. Golden Ash (Fraxinus excelsior)
18. Ginkgo, maidenhair tree (Ginkgo biloba)
Ginkgo is a large, deciduous, long-lived tree that can be used medicinally and for food. Disease and pollution resistant, ginkgo makes a good street tree, providing summer shade and winter sun. Male trees are preferred for street planting, as the female drops slippery smelly fruit....
19. Mountain Grevillea; Cat's Claws (Grevillea alpina)
This shrub flowers profusely for much of the year and is very popular in cultivation. There are many interesting and versatile forms available. This shrub has an incredible range of growth habits from low, cascading forms to taller upright forms, with dense dark green to grey green foliage...
20. Blue Heliotrope, Summer Heliotrope (Heliotropium amplexicaule)
A clumping perennial plant with mauve-purple flower heads, this plant was originally a garden plant that has now become a weed in pastures, where it is poisonous to stock. It flowers from spring through to autumn, and is attractive to bees and butterflies. It...
Not what you are looking for? Perform another search.